2023 had a strong start, Pushing Rocks, running relays, and bringing new guys in and welcoming Kotters back. No time for rest, though, let’s work towards Summer Goals.
Summertime is challenging. Between the heat and vacations, numbers sag and focus wanes. To help keep us on track, we’re going to work on showing progress in one of three areas, using PT Tests to show our growth. We will offer the classic PT Test, and two new options, one with a gear focus and no running that we will call “Thunder” and another with a focus on speed work that we will call “Lightning”.
For the sake of flexibility, and so anyone can jump in on the challenge, I’m going to ask you to form a small group and do these workouts OYO with your group. At this point, many of us know who likes doing the same things that we do. We have formal ShieldLocks, or even just guys we post with on a regular basis. The accountability of working together and not slacking off over the summer will help.
We will do the PT Test workout once in June, between June 3rd and June 11th, then again at the end of the summer, between August 26th and September 3rd. This will set us up to head into Iron PAX season. You can choose anywhere you’d like to do these workouts, but if you use a track, make sure to use the same track in both the August and June workouts so you’re consistent. We will also try to offer each PT Test somewhere on our calendar, either at an AO or as EC prior to a scheduled workout.
So here is the challenge:
- Decide whether you are interested in working on Speed, Strength, or Overall Fitness
- Form a group of 3-5 (or more) guys that want to do the same workout
- Select a Q to lead the group (just to be responsible for setup)
- Decide where and when to do the workout
- Record your results (Using a Google Form posted on the 1st F channel)
- Keep pushing in that direction to get better over the summer
- Do it again at the end of the summer and check your progress
While it’s set up to do these OYO, if you don’t have a group, or your group wants to come where it’ll already be happening, you can choose to attend one of our publicized workouts. Plans to offer these workouts in June are as follows:
- Classic PT Test
- June 7th – Ricky Bobby
- June 3rd – PainLab
- June 10th – EC Old School (6:00 AM)
If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to Flintstone.
Here is the Classic PT Test workout:
- 1 lap
- 100 reps (as close to proper form as you’re able) of each exercise before moving to the next
- 1 lap
- 75 reps of same 4 exercises
- 1 lap
- 50 reps of same 4 exercises
- 1 lap
- 25 reps of same 4 exercises
- 4 laps
In total it will be 2 miles and 1000 reps completed for time.
Please see PreBlasts for Thunder and Lightning for their Weinkes
Yabba Dabba Doo