- Post Type: Backblast
- When: 10/31/2022
- AO: The Sandlot
- QIC: Mayor
- PAX: EZ Rider, Watts Up, Bubba Sparxxx, Nutria, JJ, Flintstone, Maybelline, Whoopee, Beetle Bailey
Its not what we did so much as it is why we do it, but the work is below the Moleskin. When I was asked to take the Q for this series (although I am not a Redwood original, just old) and I was asked to give some information on what some takeaways have been. When I first started, I was definitely a sad clown, but I remained that way for some years until I had an injury that changed my perspective on life and wasn’t taking it seriously. I realized I had the tools in front of me the whole time. I decided to become a pro and not be a mascot. With that said, I am very mindful of what kind of leader I need to be and where I fail. My tone and attitude set the pace for others around me so learn from your mistakes. Invest time and take Q source seriously. There are three locations around the area. The more you give, you more you will receive. Find a shield lock, but be mindful and make sure you commit and they are committed. Practice good form and don’t worry about being at the back. Hold everyone to the standards. 10 good squats and a run at the back is better than 10 bad ones. The form sets everything up. Be a leader and get uncomfortable taking on leadership roles (Q’s, site Q, call three burpees like whoopee does for more work, etc.). Most importantly, is make sure everyone knows they can count on you and whatever you say to them is coming from a place of love, nothing else. Your word must be impeccable.
Flagpole for Pledge
Principles of F3:
- Free of charge (zero cost, never charge for a workout)
- Open to all men (no matter the man, you are welcome)
- Held outdoors (rain or shine, heat or cold we are out there)
- Peer led (led in a rotating fashion by the men who attend)
- End with a Circle of Trust (always ends with a COT)
Mission of F3: Plant, Grow and Serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Motto: We welcome men of all fitness levels and all physical abilities to our workouts. We have no requirement for membership other than you show up on time to the location and follow what the workout leader has planned. We will not leave any man behind!
Warmup: SSHx15 IC, Gravel Pickers x10IC, ROL/LOR, MNC x10IC, Arm circles
Mosey to ball field/shelter
- AMRAP 15 each (split squats, calf raises, full squats. 10-minute timer. Shoot for three rounds Run down to the second pole and back. Whoopee called some burpees because he could.
- AMRAP 15 each (merkins, big boys, leg raises) 10-minute timer. Shoot for three rounds Run down to the second pole and back.
- Route 66 Bobby Hurleys
Mosey back to start doing ascending Merkins at each street light at the entrance. We got to 10. Time check for Mary
French fries, Michael Phelps, Freddy Mercury – all with 10 count or IC.
Iron Hulk up to 5 and time was called.
Announcements: Blood drive South Point UMC 11/9, Christmastown 5K pushers and pax, Rocky Branch 5k this weekend, Morons 4 beer 11/12 collecting stuffing,
Prayers/Praise: Simpson Family (Cancer), Ozark and Huckleberry starting new jobs, friends baby, Stogies pastor (Cancer).
Leave a Reply