One week ago today, during an exercise where I was having to curl, press and overall use a 53 lb kettlebell at Spidey’s brutal Q, my mate Tube said “I thought you’d been working out at home?”. I asked for Bulldog Q for today, immediately after he said it. Operation “Murder Tube” was a go. I set up a lot of weights upon arrival, which after seeing 16 pull in, I’m glad I did. Great turnout. Tube got to the circle at the last second. Should have turned around.
Warm-up: 20 SSH, 10 Squats, 12 MNC, 10 Merkins, 10 LBC’s, all in cadence.
Strength Training – Tuesdays have been my back/bicep days, so we’ll get some of that first. Grab your weight, head to a bench, dropsets, 2 rounds each:
1A) Bent Over Rows
2B) Pull Overs
3A) Derkins – this was an Omaha due to the numbers present. Glad to have to Omaha…
Bootcamp Training – I hunted the lexicon for 4 distinct exercises that looked like they would work well together. They had to start with T-U-B-E. Some new exercises!
T – Tennessee Rocking Chair – touch your toes, go to below parallel squat, back to toe touch, stand. We did 10 in cadence
U – Uhaul’s – standing with weight at chest, push forward, retract, push to 45 incline, retract. 10 in cadence.
B – Burpees (10….I increased later on to the dismay of Tube, telling the Pax he was saying 10 were too easy. I lied.)
E – Elf on the Shelf – these are kettlebell half-moons; stand with weight beside right leg, pick it up, maximum extension overhead, set down on your left.
After 4 rotations of this, with some mixed in abs between rounds, and 10 counts, we moved on to…
Cardio Training – I like to bear crawl. Not sure how Tube feels about it. Partner up (due to how many guys we had), partner 1 bear crawls 15 yards while partner 2 does SSH, then vice versa when p1 reaches the end. Next round was NUR, then back to bear crawls, then back to NUR. Not many people can out-race me on a bearcrawl, but Goose whipped my ass. Good to see him.
5 minutes left, some Mary via round robin. Some select exercises in honor of those in the circle. Take a guess……6:15 TIME.
Announcements – Convergence on Halloween at Martha Rivers. Give to Give for Freight, make him run.
Prayers – Pedal’s father in battle with Parkinson’s, HIPAA’s wife’s aunt for health, Tube’s friend Neiamiah, Oompa Loompa’s shoulder. Forgive any missed.
Tube prayed us out at my request 🙂
MOLESKIN – fitness is important, but it shouldn’t override the fellowship and faith portions, in my opinion. Yes, I focused on lifting this past month, sometimes life varies, but fellowship and faith should be constant. If you don’t have a Shieldlock, I’d suggest getting one. Invite a brother out for a beer or coffee (I’d suggest Primal, but this ol’ boy is still a little COVID gunshy! Works well for others). Get to know each other outside of the gloom. We had 16 guys at Bulldog, I love it. I know about 75% of them very well, time to work on the other 25%. Thanks to Tube for being a good sport, as a fellow Painlab Q he gets Rudolph’s respect on many levels.
Always a pleaure