It’s hard getting up sometimes. YHC was running behind today and feeling a little rushed. One thing that helped make it better was some unbelievable bedhead! TOOLTime would be so proud. There’s no real reason that this should amuse me other than that I’m an idiot. Some of the PAX even noticed which made it that much better.
Circle up, mini-disclaimer, Pledge of Allegiance.
Warm Up – some Goofballs and Don Qs.
Mosey about 35 yards to the start of The Thang.
Walls of Jericho
At each position we would do an 7 reps of exercise for a total of 7 exercises going around the practice soccer field.
- Burpees led by Roscoe in cadence (some were fast, some were not as fast)
- American Hammers led by Watts Up in cadence
- Lunges led by Slim Shady in cadence (if you’ve never tried leading lunges in cadence, give it a try, hard)
- V-Ups led by Boudin in cadence
- Flutterkicks led by Dirt
- Monkey Humpers led by Radar in a very slow cadence
- Dips on the structure led by YHC
We were having some good mumblechatter and semi fellowship. It was pointed out that YHC led the PAX in the wrong direction around the city and YHC apologized for the error. It was also pointed out by Watts Up that no workout ever had ever completed a full WoJ workout. Once that gauntlet was thrown down the pace was picked up and by pushing the rock we made sure to finish ALL of the exercises. BOOM, the walls came crumbling down. (The figurative walls of our own health and fitness, you know…)
Mosey back to the start for the wrap up. Thanks as always for putting up with my stupid stuff and comments men, you’re awesome!
Announcements : Convergence on the 31st
Prayer requests: SA’s daughter, Covid cases in schools, Della Austin stage 4 cancer, Orangeman’s daughter, Flintstone’s sister’s family, Hightower (Myrtle Beach PAX)
After an early morning 7-miler it was presumed that surely YHC would not make Midoriyama too difficult this hot September afternoon… Au contraire mon frère! After two rounds of 4 corners at each field not a dry shirt left the place. It was my VQ at the premiere afternoon AO so I hope I didn’t disappoint. Met a few new HIMs and one FNG.
- Disclaimer / FNGs (1)
- SSH x 10 IC
- Moroccan Night Clubs x 10 IC
- Grass Pickers x 10 IC
- Mosey to small soccer field and perform called exercise at each corner (All exercises X 10, OYO, & Count Each Side)
- High Plank Shoulder Taps
- Air Presses
- Mosey to closest upper soccer field and perform called exercise at each corner (All exercises X 20, OYO, & Count Each Side)
- Mountain Climbers
- Jump Squats
- Peter Parkers
- Mosey to other upper soccer field and perform called exercise at each corner (All exercises X 30, OYO, & Count Each Side)
- Toy Soldiers
- High Knees Running
- Mosey to lower soccer field and perform called exercise at each corner (All exercises X 40, OYO, & Count Each Side)
- American Hammers
- Big Boys
- Dying Cockroaches
- 40 second plank (High or Low)
- Rinse & Repeat as Time Allows
- Mosey back to Horseshoe Pits
- PoA / Announcements / COT
Finally…..after a slight delay, F3 Gastonia will gather to celebrate its 5+ year anniversary with a convergence on October 31st at Martha Rivers Park. The event won’t be as extravagant as was planned back in March, but nonetheless it will be a time for all the PAX of Gashouse to come together to enjoy all 3 F’s.
6:15am – 7am EC Run / Ruck – show up and join in with others to get in some extra work and also fellowship. If the park gates are closed, park at Snoballs.
7am – 8am Bootcamp
8am – 8:45ish Message from our Nantan and 3rd F talk
Get the word out at the workouts and I look forward to seeing you there. Feel free to come dressed in your Halloween attire.
Rainy intro, pledge
Ruck to Hill
Mailbox to mailbox up the hill
Duck Walk, Side lunges, Imperial walkers, Lunge walk
Plank, Plank Jack, Shoulder Taps
Ruck down to bank shelter for Ab work
LBC, Flutter kick, American hammer, Chest press
Thanks Hims who like the rain on my virgin Q
We rucked 1 1/2 miles through Martha Rivers Park today stopping at crossroads and doing different exercises of 25 each Squats, SSH, Incline Merkins, Don Quixote, Imperial Walkers and Bench Dips. The great thing about Rucking with the PAX is the camaraderie we enjoy with each other, it gives you time to mess around with the Q and the other men rucking. It gives you time to begin new friendships with men you may otherwise not be able to interact with due to your career or your social circles or Churches you attend. So next Thursday C’mon out and enjoy. Rudolph will be Q-ing, see y’a there.