- Post Type: Backblast
- When: 08/16/2022
- AO: Folsom
- QIC: Stogie
- PAX: Striper, Gear Wrench, Medicine Woman, Big Pappy, School Bus, Sarlaac, West Side, Ackey Breaky, Volt
Today is the last day of Summer before kids go back to school. It’s also the last day I’ll be able to stay for a full workout during the week until next Summer (unless there’s a holiday or vacation). What better way to commemorate this than by running around a soccer field with a football (a semi-real one, not a soccer ball) and try to burn some calories in a different way.
The first time I played this game was with Swimmer. We ran around for 45 minutes and managed to somehow run the equivalent of a 5K. Now, I am fairly certain we did not do that this morning, but I think we still had some fun… and that was one of my two goals (1) Have Fun… 2) Burn as many calories doing it).
20 Side Straddle Hops
Mosey to the soccer field
Frisbee football with a small light up football… in the dark…
How hard could it be? Maybe I should have told them to tap the ball to light it up before throwing it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
On the way back to the COT we did:
– 20 Mountain Climbers in cadence
– 25 Merkins in cadence (or some semblance of arms out and lowering your body to the ground and back up if you were me, or one of the Pax that couldn’t stop laughing long enough to do some movement)
– 20 Flutter Kicks in cadence
Moseyed to the light at the entrance to the tennis court parking lot and repeated the same circuit.
Moseyed to the COT to finish up with some Mary.
– F3 Dads this weekend (20th) at the Yank
– Wednesday is 2nd F Lunch at Viva Tequilas in Gastonia (near Down Town)
– Sept 1th is the 50 miler CSAUP – Get on Slack to sign up
– Hot Tub Installation Party at Bed Pan’s house… he’ll let us know if needed.
– Big Pappy
– Linda Parker – Hacksaw’s Mother
– Turtle Man
– Striper’s Brother
– GearWrench’s Brother
– Sarlaac’s Daughter
– Medicine Woman’s Cousin’s Family and His
– Achey Breaky’s Uncle and the Ryan Family (loss of Achey’s mentor and friend at his last job)
Leave a Reply