- Post Type: Backblast
- When: 08/04/2022
- AO: The Goat
- QIC: Short Sale
- PAX: Freon, Bouquet, Roscoe (R), Pillager, Watts Up (R), Tesla (R), Tooth Fairy, Stinky Bird
I had a horrible end to July – wasn’t feeling great waking each morning with a clogged head. In normal times we’d call that a head cold. Take some over the counter meds and push through. Fauci calls that Armageddon part III. I never got tested – just kept to myself. Who really knows any more. Regardless, I didn’t feel like working out. I felt better on the weekend and committed to getting after it in August. Bubba Sparxx needed a Q and that was a sign to get my ass out of bed. That I did and shared a few new things with the PAX that beat the fart-sack that morning at The Goat.
Warm-up – Toy Soldier, Side to Side Lunge, Imperial Walkers, Don Q’s, Chest Openers – all IC x 10 – Pledge
Since hill and parking lot in the Cramerton circle are still blown up, we’ll mosey around the building to get the blood flowing. The house on the corner has a dog outside at that time that went crazy. There goes part of the plan to run around the buildings. Improvise it will be.
- Round 1: 50 SSH’s, 40, LBC, 30 Squats, 20 HR Merkins, 10 Burpees – run to end of the street and return
- Round 2: 40 SSH’s, 30, LBC, 20 Squats, 10 HR Merkins, 5 Burpees – run to end of the street and return
- Round 3: 30 SSH’s, 20, LBC, 10 Squats, 5 HR Merkins – run to end of the street and return
- Round 4: 20 SSH’s, 10, LBC, 5 Squats – run to end of the street and return
- Round 5: 10 SSH’s, 5, LBC – run to end of the street and return
- Round 6: 5 SSH’s – run to end of the street and return
Next up is the Red Reaper which I found on Darebee.com. Check it out for ideas to use in your Q or when you need inspiration at home. I modified it into my own version so the PAX would get crushed on their upper body. Today’s version was:
- Circuit 1: 15 Merkins + 30 Shoulder Taps + 15 Merkins + 30 American Hammers + 30 Freddie Mercs
- Circuit 2: 15 Derkins + 30 Decline Peter Parkers + 15 Derkins + 30 American Hammers + 30 Freddie Mercs
- Repeat both circuits
Mosey to the upper parking lot below the railroad tracks. Use the rail for a new treat: eccentric plank dips. I demoed this by putting my hands on the rail and holding by body steady in an incline position. Start by bending your elbows toward the rail, lowering your body; then straighten your arms to starting position. I learned this from F3 Fonda the tricep has three muscles: Longhead, Lateral Head and Medial Head. This routine was focused on the longhead but would work all three well. The routine would be 11’s with 10 eccentric plank dips on the rail, run to other end of the parking lot for 1 diamond merkin. As time was running short, we got to about the halfway point. But hearing the PAX chatter, their arms were pretty smoked and they were glad to Omaha.
Announcements: Blood Drive Aug 10
Prayer Requests: Courtney (female jogger hit in Belmont – she is making positive progress last I heard); Huck, Tesla/family.
Thanks for the opportunity to lead.
Leave a Reply