12 @ The Sandlot for some brick work and YHC’s first stab at using a timer to time things. Learned a lot along the way.
Chatter before 5:30 was on the length of Short Sale’s… backblast, and the ever growing legend of what Linus said Saturday. Guess you had to be there.
- 15 x Goofballs x (IC)
- 15 x Seal Jacks (IC)
To the Footmobile for bricks, which were a chilly 0 degrees Kelvin and managed to suck out what little warmth was in our hands. Then, to the park, bricks in hand. Stop at the gate for
- 10 x Merkins w/bricks (IC)
Then, mosey down to the end of the parking lot by the bathrooms for the Main Event.
We circled up for 1 minute each of the following 4 exercises:
- Standing Shoulder Taps (AMRAP)
- Skullcrushers w/6 inches (AMRAP)
- Chest Flys (AMRAP)
- Lunges w/Overhead Press (AMRAP)
Then ran a short lap around the parking spots before repeating the exercises for a total of 4 rounds.
Here’s what we learned:
- If you use a timer, it’s best to bring music
- The size of a nutria is up for debate. Opinions ranged from rodent to groundhog to small pig.
- There may or may not be a topless soccer team of an undisclosed gender playing in Macon, GA.
- The “good ‘ol days” of F3 Gastonia weren’t so run heavy. The running was often the worst part of a bootcamp workout for a lot of the PAX. For whatever reason, the running doesn’t seem as bad any more.
- Reasons for F3 names, workouts that broke us, and, of course, the cold of the bricks and the parking lot were all part of the mumblechatter
It all went by quicker and not as difficult as I expected. With 4 rounds completed, we didn’t really have time for part 2, so we moseyed back to the start, stopping at the gate for
- 10 x Merkins w/bricks (IC)
Once we got back, it was time for Mary:
- 15 x Flutter Kicks w/bricks over head (IC) – Watts Up
- 15 x Michael Phelps w/bricks (IC) – EZ Rider
- 5 x Brickees (OYO) – Whoopee
- 15 x Squats (Single Count) – Captain Stubing
- 10 x Boxcutters (IC) – Nutria
- Hold Plank, w/R&L Arms Up – Dry Rub
- 15 x Lateral Raises (IC) – Dirt
- 15 x LBCs (IC) – Linus
And that was it.
- Roscoe’s 50th Birthday is today. Roscoe is a leader of leaders, requiring the best out of all of us. Much Respect to the newest member of the (R) club.
- Nutria with the Q tomorrow at The Storm
- Qs needed at The Sandlot and Downtown. Reach out if you’re interested
- Extinction Run – 2/13
- The Rooster – Rock Hill – 3/13
- The family of Double Trouble
- Tick Tock and family
- EZ Rider’s family
- JK2 & family
- Those on the front lines
First Q as Site Q, and I’m thankful for the opportunity to lead. The Sandlot is a great place for a beatdown. There’s a rich history in that parking lot and that park, and a lot more history to be made. A number of the PAX there today got their start at Martha’s in one of it’s iterations, including YHC.
The more I learn, the more I realize I don’t know, and the more I’m ok with all of it.
Yabba Dabba Doo