A great turn out for my first Q at Midoriyama. This Q was about Children’s Hope Alliance and the impact they have on the children in our community. I told brief stories of a few children that I had the honor of taking care over the years being a member of the Children Hope Alliance foster community.
If possible, please volunteer at the F3 Race City Event this Saturday at Children’s Hope Alliance – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B44A5AC23A6FF2-childrens
- Child 1 – My first placement. Found abandoned in a trailer. ~5 years old did not speak, unable to use eating utensils, he only ate with is his hands when the food was placed on an ottoman near a window. It was like getting punched in the gut.
- AMRAP – 25 Mike Tysons, 25 Rocky Bolboa’s back and forth in the parking lot.
- Child 2 – 16 year old who has spent her life in foster care. Always running away from home to home, just trying to find her home.
- AMRAP – Sprints, with 10 Merkins on each side
- Child 3 – A 12 year old, who at ~8 years old, was found in a severe abuse and neglect situation. This young man was with us 2 years before being moved to another home. All he talked about was wanting to be a big. Current status is unknown, but I think about him all the time.
- AMRAP – 20 Big Boys, 20 CDD’s back and forth in the parking lot.
- Child 4 – Infant born with many terminal medical issues. We pick her up from the hospital and had her till she unfortunately passed away 6 months later. This is where my M and I found our calling.
- AMRAP – 25 Plank Jacks, 10 second Plank – Lunge walk the parking lot back and forth.
- Child 5 – Infant born with many medical issues. We picked her up from the hospital and nursed to a stable condition before she was to another home.
- AMRAP 30 Squats, 30 Imperial Walkers back and forth in the parking lot.
- Child 6 – Infant born with many medical issue. We picked her up from the hospital and nursed her to a stable condition. She was adopted by a family member and working through that process was great joy. Although out of state, we still are able to stay in contact.
- AMRAP 35 SSH, 25 Hillbillies back and forth in the lot
- Child 7 – Infant born with many medical issues. We picked her up from the hospital and nursed her to a stable condition. She was adopted by a family member. She is doing well and we still get to see her regularly. It is a blessing.
- AMRAP 30 Goofballs, 30 LBC’s back and forth in the parking lot.
- Child 8 – I shared the story of my son, Elijah, adopted in November.
- 50 Mountain Climbers
Slaw then called out 22 for the troops and then we pledged.
Thank you men for the opportunity to lead and Def Leopard will you please stay focused…
- Blood Drive – Dec 10
- Christmas Party – Dec 12
- Sargento’s Prayer List
- Broke’s M
- Tigers’ Aunt
- All unspoken prayers
2 Peter 1:10 – Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to confirm your calling and election, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.