6:35 Ralph Lauren texted YHC to confirm some guests had arrived at #powderhorn
6:35:30 YHC got out of bed and was en route
As I arrived to see the shovel flags flying and a good swarm of black shirts, greetings were being exchanged with the PAX from Ballantyne and Gastonia.. There was some extra excitement in the air as the SOB’s had driven close to an hour to realize they were one man short of being able to return with the ghost flag. Great showing from both groups today and the Ballantyne guys had a much better attitude about not grabbing the flag than I would have had. Great group of leaders obviously from both Gastonia and Ballantyne. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, we need to do more joint efforts with the Gashouse boys.
1 minute warning
0700 sharp and one of the largest group of men YHC has had the opportunity to Q got after it. Thankful for the opportunity and the support. Here’s my best attempt at recalling the wienkeless workout. We’re blessed to have a nice AO at CCC and I was proud to show it off. So we saw most of it. Didn’t make it to the ballfield and blocks.
- SSH 25 IC
- Imperial Walker 25 IC
- Merkins 15 IC
- Mtn. Climbers 25 IC
- Perfect Squats 25 IC
- Mosey towards LeGrand
- High Knees
- Butt Kickers
- Merkins 10 single count OYO going up the stairs
- 2 lines starting at the building. Arm length apart. Every one planks. Last PAX bunny hops over the rest and falls in line to plank, one after the other until the line has advanced to the other end of the walkway
- Mosey around the back of the building. Pick up a rock, not too big.
- Mosey over to Picnic alley
- Partner up, size doesn’t matter
- One partner wall sits holding the rock, other partner does box jumps on the wall – team reps total 100
- Hail Mary – team reps total 100
- Plank for the 6
- Mosey to the Brick fence at the HVAC
- Feet and hands in the holes, pullups 20 OYO
- Mosey to Carnegie Hall
- Circuit work
- 5 burpees at the top
- down the stairs
- 10 Derkins at the bottom
- up the stairs
- round and round til you cant. I think I made about 6 laps. Outback made at least one more than that! Great work!
- Circle up on the stage for Mary led by the Revolution PAX – I can’t remember the rep counts of any of these except for Ralph Lauren’s 51 flutter kicks. he proved his point.
- American Hammers
- Kickout with a crunch
- Flutter kicks
- Leg over knee crunches, each side
- Back Scratchers
- Homer to Marge
- Hello Dolly
- Freddie Mercuries with Impact or resistance or something Devito derived. Slap your knees with your palms…
- Hot Potatoe
- Remember we still have the rocks. You should have been holding them the whole time. Mosey back to the pile to return them
- Mosey back to the parking lot
- Circle up – Morrocan Night Clubs – 50 ? IC
- Cotton Pickers 20 IC
- MONKEY HUMPERS 25 IC
Name O Rama
GHOST FLAG PRESENTATION TO GASHOUSE
I’ve been to a number of AO’s now. Gotten to know some great guys. Hardly ever see EVERYONE work as hard as this group did. Sure some were faster than others, but no one slacked off. Great effort, good mumblechatter, and as Cheddar said, the #F3spirit was alive and well.
The PAX were reminded that we talk alot about accountability to each other and helping each other out. We are not to forget that even when surrounded by HIM it’s not impossible to slack off or fall back or stray from the right path. For example the goal of the pullups on the wall is to be able to do more unassisted pullups on the bar. This is only effective if a man strains his upper body and only assists with legs with absolutely necessary. However to the bystander, it can’t really be determined if the man doing the pullups is using his legs for assistance a little or a lot. Likewise even when we talk the talk and even put time in with the men whom we call ourselves accountable to, it is often too easy to fake it, to not do our best, or to give in to that treacherous temptation and no one may know the difference. No one but you, and the Sky Q. So don’t forget our strongest accountability partner is through an intimate relationship with God. Whatever it takes to keep that relationship strong, whatever it takes, will be worth it.
Coffeeteria afterwards at Lily Bean.
Thanks to Ralph Lauren for the cold gatorade’s, hit the spot.
BOLO for Gastonia CSAUP in the works at Crowders
BRR coming up
Spartan and various upcoming OCR’s
Leaders, country, family of child killed in Bessemer City. Sorry if I forgot any others.