BA and I have been MIA from F3 workouts since the first few weeks of our softball season. Long days and late nights kept us in the #fartsack as late as possible, but now that our season is over and the school year is coming to an end, we figured it was about to rejoin to group and what better way to do it than with a co-Q at #GasHouse featuring everyone’s favorite coupon, cinder blocks.
After the disclaimer – again, forgive me if I didn’t make all the major points, it’s been a while – a mosey to the flag at the front of the museum for the pledge, and a promise of NO UPPER BODY EXERCISES, it was time for the Warm-Up…
- Side-Straddle Hop x15 (In-Cadence)
- Merkin x15 (In-Cadence)
- Little Baby Crunch x15 (In-Cadence)
- Don Quixote x15 (In-Cadence)
- Moroccan Night Clubs x50 (In-Cadence)
- Neckies (Chin to Chest) x25 (In-Cadence)
- Neckies (Right Ear to Right Shoulder) x10 (In-Cadence)
- Neckies (Left Ear to Left Shoulder) x10 (In-Cadence)
For the next part of the beatdown, BA lead the PAX to the cinder block garden he had planted beside his truck before the work out started. It was time to partner-up and pick up one block per group. After moseying into the nature trail, the beatdown continued as follows:
- 300 Chest Press – P1 completes exercise while P2 runs to the bottom of the hill and does 5 LBC’s and runs back up the hill to switch with P1 – counting was on aggregate.
- While waiting for the SIX, several PAX planked, switching between regular and raised arms/legs. At the very end of this exercise, the PAX did 25 Prayer Squats In-Cadence.
- All PAX mosey to the bottom of the hill.
- 250 Bicep Curls – P1 completes exercise while P2 runs to the top of the hill and does 5 Carolina Dry Docks and runs back down the hill to switch with P1 – counting on aggregate.
- 200 French Curls – P1 completes exercise while P2 runs around the barn and does 5 Squats before returning to P1 to switch – counting on aggregate.
- 100 Weighted Squats – P1 completes exercise while P2 runs around the barn and does 5 Side-Straddle Hops before returning to P1 to switch – counting on aggregate
- 50 Blockies – P1 completes exercise while P2 runs to opposite bridge and does 5 Carolina Dry Docks and runs back to P1 to switch – counting on aggregate.
With about ten minutes to spare, the PAX gathered their blocks and their pride, and moseyed up the hill to return the cinder blocks to BA’s truck. There was about five minutes left at this point, and Godfather decided the best course of action would be to do some Mary; however, having grown accustomed to the shade of the nature trail, Godfather suggested moving the PAX to the shaded portion of the parking lot.
- Freddie Mercury x15 (In-Cadence)
- Hello Dolly x15 (In-Cadence)
- Homer to Marge x2 minutes
- With about a minute to spare and thanks in-part to Dolph, there was just enough time for 5 Burpees OYO.
BA and Godfather’s comeback tour ended with the normal COT: Name-o-Rama (no FNG’s), Announcements (F3 Belmont kicks off this Saturday, June 11 at Stowe Park), Prayer Requests, and a Prayer. There was great attendance at Panera for Coffeeteria, and even though Bandit tried to steal Godfather’s seat (pun intended), it was a good breakfast for all.
On a personal note, it’s good to be back among the PAX and I like forward to getting back into things. I’ll be getting married next Saturday, June 18 and then I’ll be in the Dominican Republic for my honeymoon, but I’ll be back strong after that. It was a pleasure to lead!
-El Padrino aka Godfather aka Mr. 25-year-old Stamina