9 posted at Friday’s newest AO for some partner work. Here’s what I remember:
- 10 x SSH (IC)
- 10 x Mike Tysons (IC)
- 10 x Dying Cockroach (IC)
Mosey towards Davis Park. Stop at the church for
- 30 x Toe Touches* (IC) *Some called these V-Ups.
Mosey to intersection of Park & Kingston.
When most of us posted the first time, we only knew one guy at the workout… our sponsor. Our first round today, we are going to partner up and stay in sync with our partner as we run up and down Park and do the following exercises at each end:
- 10 x HRMerkins (sync w/partner)
- 20 x Apolo Ohnos (sync w/partner)
- 30 x LBCs (sync w/partner)
3 x down and back. 6 total sets of the exercises. Partners were:
- Clampett & Dr. Seuss
- Dirt & Tesla
- Watts Up & Orangeman
- Virus, Freon & Flintstone
The push and the fellowship of intentionally working with a partner was great, as always. The connections we make with the other PAX in The Gloom is The Glue.
Mosey to The Scout Hut @ First Presbyterian for some more fun:
- 10 x Dips (IC)
- 15 x Mahktar Ndiayes (IC)
After some time in F3, you find your guys and become part of a Shieldlock. These are the guys that you can count on to help keep you accelerating. In “Freed to Lead”, they talk about The Sifter as the way that life will throw twists and turns at you that will sift out lesser friends, leaving you with only your strongest core group. Getting after it in The Gloom repeatedly solidifies the Shieldlock and provides a foundation of strength.
For this part, we did Stupid Synchronous Mountain Climbers. Each pair from earlier found another pair and with feet at the base of the wall, one pair did
- 10 x Mountain Climbers (count left only)
while the other pair did
- 10 x Australian Mountain Climbers (count left only)
When the Australians would come down, the other pair would go up, so there were always 2 down and 2 up, working in sync. We repeated this for 3 rounds.
Another round of
- 8 x Mahktar Ndiayes (IC)
And we head back towards the flag, stopping for
- 30 x Toe Touches (IC)
Time for Mary
- Flintstone – 15 x Crunchy Frogs (IC)
- Clampett – 16 x Merkins (IC)
- Orangeman – 10 x Burpees (OYO)
- Dr. Seuss – 15 x American Hammers (IC)
- Freon – 20 x Heels to Heaven (OYO)
- Grow Ruck event coming to Charlotte (late summer – August?)
- Young Life Golf Tournament – May 10th
- New AO in Belmont running in conjunction with The Yank
- A Gear AO
- If you’re a regular in bootcamps, come give it a shot and try something new
- If you’ve been trying to EH a guy who won’t run and/or won’t do early mornings, this is the place
- See BOS, HIPAA or Flintstone for more details
- Ameoba Ruck – May 22nd – 9:00 AM
- Tiger, Pilgrim’s Progress & Freight at Grow Ruck
- Orangeman traveling to Colorado & LA
Great to see Dirt and Watts Up back today, and of course running EC. These HIMs push every day, and are getting results. Both had been training for work this week and both kept pushing the rock while out of town. If you want to get better, look to these men as examples.
Everyone who posts, whether it’s regularly or just one time is looking for something. You don’t get up for a 5:30 (or 6:30 or 7:00) workout for no reason. The ones that don’t come back didn’t connect. It’s a major part of what we do to make sure that the FNG is taken care of. That the Six is taken care of. We’ve all been there and know how much that pick-me-up means. It’s obviously a sponsor’s job to connect with a FNG, but if you see a PAX you don’t know, go out of your way to connect. That’s the glue that will keep them coming back.
Thanks for the opportunity to lead
Yabba Dabba Doo