Disclaimer, 2 FNG “who will now be forever known as Castro & Dr. Feelgood”, and welcome to #TheGasHouseF3 , Team Gastonia is building great momentum at this AO, if you have not been here…you need to try it out.
T-Claps to 777, Chaser, Corn Hole, Dark Helmet, Gunny, Package, Roscoe, and Seacrest for #givingitaway and showing up to support Gastonia, I appreciate your willingness to step up and lead.
A quick shout out to Swiper for the invite, it is always awesome to be part of a launch.
The commitment level of the Gastonia PAX is outstanding and it was great to see so many of them have been here since the launch weekend…this is going to be a strong group.
Seacrest had his (VQ) and did an outstanding job of conducting the warmup. A strongly structured COP (circle of pain) is an essential to a F3 workout. Seacrest lives in Fort Mill now, but his heart is still in Gastonia, and it was awesome to see his leadership displayed. SSH, IW, Squats, Windmills, Americans, Mountain Climbers, and a couple of others all called in strong cadence. Made me proud, and this one is going to be a strong leader.
Run to Flag Pole where Gunny lead us in a strong group rendition of “The Pledge of Allegiance”
Since I am on Q = we started running
Mosey over to Middle School track
We got in about 3 miles in and spent the next 45 minutes moving around the track and using the corners as stations
We started off with a lunge walk forward routine, bear crawl / crab walk routine, high knees / butt kickers routine, light sprinting backwards routine, I really was trying to get myself loose.
The 10 burpees at every corner seemed to be a real crowd pleaser. The 10 squats at each corners seemed to have made my legs sore today…or was it the 25 SSH at each corner? No matter proud of each man fighting through to the finish.
Quick discussion on #HIM, the #HIM above us and that resides inside of us, and the power of letting #HIM inside you shining through your activities. We transitioned to a discussion on aligning ourselves with other #HIM. Seemed like a reviewed a couple of other topics like #Sadclowns, my mind went blank after Gunny’s inchworm/plank/American sequence…
And then I basically started a Q school about half way through the workout. It was great to see each of the Gastonia men gain confidence leading from the front of the PAX. T-Claps to the men with experience sharing, training, and leading when we broke out into the teams for individual Q coaching, it seems to have paid off.
Here is a cool backblast written about Dark Helmet’s VQ, the last 2 paragraphs describes what most men feel the first time they Q (lead): http://f3nation.com/2015/03/18/kettlebell-burpees-yeah-thats-a-thing-at-the-armory/
Your F3 brothers are making an investment in you because we are going to expect you to lead (and being a Q is the just part of that), even on the days when only one other guy shows up, give him the best workout you got in you…that is truly being a #HIM…and that is why I have been doing F3 six days a week since I started 2 years ago. F3 will make you better by teaching you to improve yourself as a leader and a follower.
Our time together was well spent today, please come visit me for one of my Qs in Fort Mill, I‘m always good for a double your money back guarantee…we will do hand release pushups until our arms fail…or a burpee mile…something #CSAUP…
Prayer & Praise, BOM (CSPAN style where everyman shares a prayer or praise, and if you can’t think of something…we will plank until you have something to share), and we had strong attendance for post fellowship at Panera.
Always an honor to Q, appreciate the honor to lock shields with Seacrest and the other fine gentlemen of Gastonia, here is everything in my notes:
- Dredd has a great video showing the “Q -how to count” dynamics, here is the link: http://f3nation.com/2012/02/22/f3-tv-how-to-count/
- 4/25/15 Gastonia #Clowncar with Package and Gunny – your welcome #sorryNOTsorry
- 4/30/15 F3 Golf and just ask Package or Menthol as The Fort is defending champions = see Package for Teams and details
- 5/2/15 1 year Anniversary of Rock Hill with Dredd & OBT here is the link: http://f3nation.com/2015/04/09/rock-hill-anniversary-convergence-1hundred/
- 5/25/15 Memorial Day Murph at NAFO at 0640 read pre-blast here is the link: http://f3nation.com/2015/04/08/pre-blast-memorial-day-murph/
- 5/30/14 #Clowncars to Asheville (Chaser & I are on Q)
- If you haven’t Q’d , step up, it is what makes F3 work
- #HIM = High Impact Man
- #NoFatPants = Once you make the physical change of F3, burn the ship and those fat pants as there is no going back. A man who can’t get his 1st F on track will never get his 2nd and 3rd Fs online
- Read “Freed to Lead” here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Freed-To-Lead-Unshackling-Modern-day-ebook/dp/B00JJQB2Z8
- The 2nd and 3rd F will come only grow with deliberate leadership
- Appreciate the enthusiasm, and get your twitter account going, and follow me @CSPANF3 & @F3TheFort
CSPAN – over & out