Sparky had been planning a 2.0 friendly workout at Folsom. Once the date was set, he reached out for a Q to lead the PAX that weren’t bringing 2.0’s or doing Pain Lab with Hipaa. YHC volunteered because hey, how hard could it be? Sister Act and YHC had been kicking around some ideas, and we came up with something easy to remember.
YHC posted early with Sister Act to get some EC. By the time we get back to the launch pad at Folsom, it resembled a scene from Daddy Day Care! It was awesome to see soooo many PAX and their 2.0’s getting ready for some F3 fun. YHC must admit, it was difficult to talk to everyone before the workout started. Guys just kept coming in. The parking lot was full. Whoopee started us off with handing out rocks to all the 2.0’s while telling a story given to him by Dr. Feelgood. YHC won’t tell the whole story, but it is about faith in Jesus and pushing the rock, no matter what. Even though the rock doesn’t move, the constant pushing and continued faith through the hard and lean times will make you stronger. Whoopee attempted to get Dolph to take his shirt off, but Dolph refused. YHC believes Dolph refused because he didn’t want the other 2.0’s asking their dads “Daddy, why don’t you have big muscles like he does? You work out, don’t you?”. Thanks for saving us the humiliation, brother!
Whoopee then calls the warmup of SSH, Merkins and Mountain Climbers. YHC has no clue who is going with the dads or going with YHC. After Whoopee moseys the herd of PAX and 2.0’s away, YHC is left with Sister Act, Def Leppard, Pockets and Oompa Loompa. As we get ready to take off, YHC asks how the guys are doing. Sister Act rolled his ankle playing 3 on 3 basketball at his 2.0’s dance rehearsal. Leppard’s hip is still giving him a fit, Pockets thinks he has pulled a groin muscle, and Oompa brought the crud back with him from his business trip last week. YHC had a double portion of Sandy V going on due to his inability to post because of his own bad work week. YHC thought to himself “Is EVERYONE on the DL?” (by DL, that stands for disabled list, not on the “down low”). We will modify as needed. Let’s go.
- Run 1 mile
- Stop and perform 10 reps of 10 exercises. Exercises were: Merkins, Squats, Flutter Kicks, CDD’s, Corkscrews, Bobby Hurleys, Seal Jacks, WW1’s, Werkins and Burpees.
- Rinse and repeat until time’s up or someone splashes Merlot.
YHC must admit, Leppard’s typical Merkin/CDD form has improved drastically. All the shouts of “Keep your butt down, Leppard” have finally paid off! Outstanding form on the Merkins, sir! The slow moseying group pushed through 4 rounds. We arrived back to the launch pad when the 2.0’s were circling up for name-o-rama.
Having said that, YHC must admit to a few Q fails.
- YHC did not communicate clear instruction for the route that was to be taken. Because of this, 2 PAX were separated from main group and didn’t rejoin until all PAX arrived back at Folsom, which leads to the next Q fail-
- YHC did not pick up the 6. If YHC had done this, then Q fail #1 never would have happened.
- No Pledge of Allegiance was performed.
- And last of all, no COT was performed. This violates one of F3 core principles. In the confusion of the 2.0’s, Pain Lab, etc., YHC completely brain dumped and completely struck out on the COT. Men, I am truly sorry for this Q fail most of all. The COT is what brings us all together at the end of the workout to share things that are on our hearts and minds. It’s where our shields are locked once again before we go our separate ways after the workout. YHC asks for forgiveness. He won’t miss that again.
Even though we were lower in number than usual, the men truly pushed through a tough one (due to the injuries). All gave it their best and came out the other side a little stronger. Thank You for the push, men. Thank You for letting me lead.