- Here we are at Valentines Day and summer is rapidly approaching. We are in the throes of old man winter with the spring just around the corner. With this being said, beginning this Monday 2/18/19 until 3/30/19 I for myself am going to start a 40 day health program focusing of course on physical health but also spiritual health as well. I welcome and encourage whosoever will to join in. This could be considered a pre summer slim down or lent or just making improvements.
The terms would be,
- Eat as clean as possible that can be sustained realistically for the 40 day period. You be the judge. You know your habits. For some this may mean giving up fried chicken and burgers. For others this may mean going vegetarian. Try to make at least 3 positive changes in your meal diet and sustain it for the 40 days. Remember this is you against you.
- Try to make 3 non-meal positive changes in you diet. For example, I’m giving up beer, potato chips, and sweets. Again, you know your habits. Pick 3 things and give them up for the 40 days. For the few of you that do not have 3 things to give up (Roscoe and Defib), do what you can.
- I suggest that you journal what you eat. I use the Samsung health app on my phone. It works pretty well. If you have something better please share.
- Work out at least 5 times a week. Any F3 workout is good. Workouts should be at least 30 mins in duration. One 1hr workout does not count as 2 workouts, however one 45 min post and later going to the gym or climbing Crowders Mtn, ect. is 2 workouts.
- The are 4 cheat meals over the course of the 40 days with opportunity to earn more with >5 workouts per week. I am not going to waste a cheat meal on snacks. Wait for the good stuff. You will find you enjoy meals more than you used to.
- >5 workouts per week is a (1) cheat meal per workout over 5.
- The week starts on Saturday. If you post on Saturday that’s 1 already.
- Qing is a cheat meal. Get out and Q fellas.
- Post at any F3 mission such as Rice N Beans, toy drives, or any outreach does count as a workout.
- Pray at least once a day. Even if its just to thank God for his blessings.
- Date nights with the M do not count as far as cheat meals of otherwise.
- Go on at least 2 dates with the M in this 40 days. Thank God for her. Pray over her and with her. God will honor and bless it. You watch.
- Pray with your children at least 2 times a week for the 40 days.
For those wanting to participate, eat well this Valentines Day and weekend. Monday is the start of a challanging yet very rewarding journey. Push each other. Encourage each other.
Good luck and God bless you all.