8 HIM’s showed up at Folsom this beautiful morning to get in some work. It is an honor to have the opportunity to Q during holy week and today is Maundy Thursday. For recognition of this day, we went with a workout to lift up the original 12 apostles.
- 12 Cherry pickers
- 12 Hillbillies
- 12 Moroccan Nightclubs
We moseyed for Matthew to the first stop. The first stop was for Simon Peter, Andrew and James. Simon Peter and Andrew where the first apostles. “Drop your nets and become fisherman of men”. James was the first to be martyred. “Would you be willing”
- 12 Peter Parker’s for Simon Peter
- 12 Alternating Shoulder Taps for Andrew
- 12 Merkins for James
We moseyed for Matthew to the second stop. The second stop is for John, Thomas, and Philip.
- 12 Dying Cockroaches for John – John was a disciple of John the Baptist, John the Baptist ate bugs..
- 12 American Hammers – Thomas was a builder
- 12 Flutter Kicks – Philip was in the story of the feeding of the 5000.
We moseyed for Matthew to the third stop. The third stop was for Thaddeus, Bartholomew, James the Less, and Simon the Zealot.
- 12 Finkle Kicks for Thaddeus, the patron saint of lost causes. I am a Bills fan.
- 12 Big Boys for Bartholomew
- 12 Jump Squats for James the Less. He was not any less just younger or smaller.
- 12 SSH for Simon the Zealot
We moseyed for Matthew to the flag and did the pledge.
- 12 Burpees for the betrayer Judas.
We then did it all over again back to the start.
We finished up talking about Jesus, the greatest and perfect servant leader. He knew the pain, agony, and betrayal he was about to partake in and yet washed the feet of those who followed him. He broke bread with them and gave them the commandments for the future. The is no greater example of servant leadership than the Lord’s Supper.
- 2nd F at Lewis Farms on Saturday, April 27th at 7:00 p.m.
- Folsom Field Day on Saturday
- Mt. Mitchell Hike May 5th
- Gumby’s Brother in Law
- Tator Hole’s Brother
- Lion Kings Friend
- Medicine Woman’s Neighbor
- Unspoken needs and all of the PAX