10 PAX showed up this morning to get some work in at Folsom. For my first Q, I struggled with coming up with something that would push all of us. I noticed sometimes at Folsom and as I visited other AO’s that Q’s would use music in the exercises. It dawned on me that it would be better to push to a time over a quantity for my first Q. Hence “Mandelbrot Set – The Story of Big Pappy” was born.
Warm up – Some toy soldiers, daisy pickers, and Moroccan Nightclubs
Act I – Pappy’s Childhood Years – Run to 4th tennis court and do 20 x XCrunches then run back and do 20 x LBC’s . Repeat until Act I is over.
- Hunger Strike – Temple of the Dog – I was poor.
- Sabotage – Beastie Boys – Reason I was poor.
- Peaches – Presidents of the United States – I moved from the north to the south.
Act II – Pappy’s Young Adult Years – Run to 4th tennis court and do 10 merkins then run back and do 10 shoulder touches. Repeat until Act II is over.
- Mandelbrot Set – Jonathan Coulton – Found that I had a god given gift of understanding advanced mathematics
- Drunken Sailor – Blaggards – I liked to drink
- The Gates – Da Vinci’s Notebook – Found that I could code and loved to write code
- The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room – Flight of the Conchords – Met my M.
Act III – Pappy’s Adult Years – Run to 3rd tennis court and do 3 burbees then run back and do 30 monkey humpers. Repeat until Act III is over.
- RE: Brains – Jonathan Coulton – What it feels like working in a cube everyday.
- The Backpack Song – Nerf Herder – People with multiple kids would understand.
Credits – Run to 4th tennis court and do 20 squats then run back and do 20 hillbillies. Repeat until the credits is over.
- God’s Gonna cut you down – Johnny Cash – For F3 Nothing.
- Dust in the Wind – Kansas – Your my boy F3 Blue
- Better Man – Pearl Jam – For F3 Pearl Jam
I overheard a PAX saying he was not sure if he was going to throw up from the music or the workout. Mission Accomplished.
Thanks to all that came out. It was a pleasure to lead a group of fine men that have lead me over the past several months to better health and a better lifestyle.
Convergence on the 30th at Folsom
The P200 guys, Family of Medicine Woman, and the needed unspoken prayers