Gold Digger originally had the Q for Mt. Hollywood this morning but he had a last minute schedule change and asked YHC to take it. I agreed and started to develop my Weinke. I wanted to give the proper beatdown without having the complexity of a Short Sale workout (because, let’s be honest, my mind isn’t as developed as well as the former weasel shaker’s). I took to Twitter and Slack for inspiration. I came across the recent “7 albums in 7 days challenge” that many of our PAX have been participating in. I came across a few posts of Whoopee’s favorite band- Rush. He’s the one who introduced many of us to RED BARCHETTA. That’s all I needed for inspiration.
As the PAX were circling up, Broke asked “before I get outta my truck, how many burpees are we doing?”. I told him somewhere between 1 and 300. It won’t be THAT many.
- SSH X 10IC
- Gravel Pickers X 10IC
- Low Slow Squats X10 IC
Mosey out of the school parking lot and through the light at Hawthorne. Right onto Mt. Glendale street. Right at the end of Glendale to the back parking lot of Second Baptist Church. YHC already had the cones set up at 100, 75, 50, 25 and 10 yards for Red Barchetta.
- 100 yard sprint to end cone then 100 SSH (single count). Sprint back. Plank for the 6.
- 75 yard sprint then 75 mountain climbers (count right leg). Sprint back. Plank for the 6.
- 50 yard sprint then 50 LBCs (single count). Sprint back. Plank for the 6.
- 25 yard sprint then 25 Merkins. Sprint back. Plank for the 6.
- 10 yard sprint then 10 Burpees. Sprint back. Plank for the 6.
After a quick 10 count, mosey to a smaller section of parking lot for escalator Burpee Dans. PAX perform 4 lunges then 1 burpee until they reach the other side. On the way back, lunges stay the same, but burpees increase by 1. We went up to 5 burpees, then back down to one. Mumblechatter was pretty nonexistent except for a few unfavorable statements directed at the Q.
Last on the agenda was a rinse and repeat of Red Barchetta. The PAX were thrilled to hear it! Checking the time, I decided to cut the reps in half at each station. All the guys pushed through like the HIMs that they are. We then moseyed back to home base. With just a couple minutes left, a couple rounds of Mary.
Broke called Flutter Kicks- 15 IC
Sister Act called Dying Cockroaches- 15
Tiger called American Hammers-20 or 25 IC. Sorry, I forgot.
- Pizza Man’s 2nd F event at Rankin Lake park from 10:00-14:00. Sign-up at the pre-blast link he posted on Slack. 8/17
- 9/11 Stairclimb on 9/14.
- Stop Soldier Suicide 5k/ 10K Speed for Need Event 9/21
- JJ5K at Stanley Common Ground (trail run) 9/28
- Ragnar on 10/5
- Tuna 200 on 10/25-10/26
- BRR Ruck is happening. Check Whoopee’s post on Slack about a meeting coming up.
- Already looking ahead to next year for P200 and the Colonial 200.
- Christmastown 5k. Sign up soon. This race usually sells out by September.
- Shocker is putting on a Golf fundraiser for “Promise for Haiti” that he’s involved with.
Def Leppard’s M is having surgery in September, F3 Guts (Connor Wise) is battling Crohn’s disease, teachers and students going back to school.
YHC took us out in prayer.
I really didn’t have any words of wisdom or encouragement for the guys this morning. As I was riding to Mt. Hollywood, I was listening to the radio and heard the speaker say “the three words that all of us need to hear and want to hear from someone else is- Don’t Give Up.”. There are many people throughout history who made an impact on all of us just because they didn’t quit. I’ve had many of my F3 brothers message me or talk to me and give that very encouragement to me the past few days. To every one of my brothers, I want to thank you for your friendship and the brotherhood that cannot be replaced. All of you have inspired me and motivated me to be a better Husband, Dad, Son, Brother, Friend and Christian. I hope and pray that I can return the favor to all of you guys. I’m honored to be part of the Gashouse Brotherhood!
P.S. Ask Tesla about an upcoming x-ray that Sister Act will be getting soon. It seems like some cutting edge medical science to YHC!