At 5:25, I got out of my truck and took a big breath of the fresh Carolina air! I asked the other 7 men who had gathered on this sacred day “Do you guys smell that?” The men looked a bit puzzled. I answered “That’s the smell of FREEDOM!”. I could almost hear the caw of Bald Eagles chasing after some Commie-prey. I could almost feel the cold of the Delaware River as General Washington crossed with his men. I could almost smell the ink as our founding fathers drug that quill pen across that legendary parchment that indeed created the greatest nation in history. Merica! 8 men were at Folsom to day for this Star-Spangled-Kick Some Ass-Merica themed workout!
Montross has a Bluetooth speaker and a playlist just for today! Nothing but songs about Merica!
SSH and Toy Solders – in cadence
Bedpan shared some terrific July 4th history with us. Do you know when our country first celebrated July 4th? The answer was July 1777…we didn’t even wait to win the war, we started celebrating on the first anniversary of the Declaration of Independence because we’re Merica and we had no intentions of losing!
Montross takes the lead: Let’s mosey to the Ampitheater – one little adjustment today. Normally the shovel flags say at the starting location but not today. We left Bedpan’s double-barrel Merica and F3 flag at the start, but we are carrying the Folsom Shovel Flag with us to every stop today! We rotated flag duties, other men grabbed the coupons.
First up – Abs
– 25 LBCs in cadence
– 25 Rosalitas in cadence
– 13 Fifer Scissor Alt Punch in cadence (the exercise Short Sale brought to convergence that looks kinda like a Dying Cockroach)
– Repeat all 3 to give us 50 total LBCs and 50 Rosalitas in cadence for each of the 50 states. Also, (2) sets of 13 Fifer Scissors for the 13 colonies and original states.
What celebration of Merica would be complete without plenty of Merkins? Therefore, let’s do some Ladder Merkins.
– 5 each Merkins, Wide Arm Merkins, Right Arm Stagger Merkins, Left Arm Stagger Merkins, Right Leg Up Merkins, Left Leg Up Merkins, and Mike Tysons in cadence.
Bedpan takes the lead: Mosey to the lower large parking lot for a 1776 spectacular!
- 17 Merican Hammers in the first corner.
- “Put it in reverse!” for Terry and Nur up the parking lot to the next corner (Mayor and Montross got a little competitive, Mayor may have used force to ensure Montross would not pass him).
- 70 Squats – not little baby squats either, dig deep and get low!
- “Put it in reverse!” and Nur to the next corner
- 6 burpees. The PAX are greatful Bedpan didn’t call 70 of these!
Don’t forget the Ladder Merkins!
– 4 each Merkins, Wide Arm Merkins, Right Arm Stagger Merkins, Left Arm Stagger Merkins, Right Leg Up Merkins, Left Leg Up Merkins, and Mike Tysons in cadence.
Montross takes the lead again: Mosey back to the amphitheater. Merica by Grainer Smith and Earl Dibbles Jr comes on the speaker. Looking back on it, I should not have been too surprised that Tater Hole was all about this song and knows almost every word! Here’s the chorus:
We’re back to back undefeated world war champs
So take a cup, raise it up for my Uncle Sam
You know we sent a man to the moon
And before we’re done
Yeah we’ll probably send a man to the sun
Circuit – 1 minute AMRAP at each station. Balls to the Wall, Divebombers, LBCs, Curls (with a cinder block), Squat Thrusters (with Montross’ 35 lb rucksack), Mountain Climbers, LBCs.
Ladder Merkins! – 3 each Merkins, Wide Arm Merkins, Right Arm Stagger Merkins, Left Arm Stagger Merkins, Right Leg Up Merkins, Left Leg Up Merkins, and Mike Tysons in cadence. Shoutout to Tater Hole – YHC was pretty gassed and ready to abandon the Mike Tysons but Tater wasn’t having it!
Bedpan takes the lead again and we mosey up the hill back to the parking lot. Time was running sort so other plans will just have to wait until next time. However, we still have some Merkins to finish up! We are going back to back just like Merica did as undefeated World War Champs!
Ladder Merkins! – 2 each Merkins, Wide Arm Merkins, Right Arm Stagger Merkins, Left Arm Stagger Merkins, Right Leg Up Merkins, Left Leg Up Merkins, and Mike Tysons in cadence.
Ladder Merkins! – 1 each Merkins, Wide Arm Merkins, Right Arm Stagger Merkins, Left Arm Stagger Merkins, Right Leg Up Merkins, Left Leg Up Merkins, and Mike Tysons in cadence.
Announcements: Happy July 4th, July 20th is tubing, Also on July 20 – No Brainer Nationals at Shadyside Dragway, 7/21 is the Tronmoss 5k, Christmastown 5k registration is now open. YHC took us out in prayer.
Special thanks to Bedpan for helping me out today! I had a few things in mind for today to keep it partriotic, but Bedpan brought it to another level with the 1776, his 4th of July facts throughout the workout, and of course, his awesome bald eagle shirt! Bedpan is one of the guys you know you can count on to be there and bring joy and fun to the workout! I really appreciate ya BP!!! To the other PAX who posted today, thanks for coming out and resisting the fartsack. Hope the beatdown was worth your efforts to join us!