In case you haven’t heard, the Coconut Horse is growing. 26 HIMs posted for Rucking or Running. YHC took the Q, so 5 Burpees OYO before we get started running. Hey, it’s Slaw. Welcome to FNG Durden, who was EH’d by Wojo. Great work, brother! Solid work by everyone on a perfect Sunday morning! AYE!
- Memorial Day Patriot 5k in Charlotte (will be pushing veterans) check with Tool Time if you’re interested.
- Whoopee mentioned the annual “Memorial Day Murph” for those not running with Tool Time.
- If you’re planning on ordering Mudgear compression sleeves/ calf condoms, order them through Amazon to help our brothers out getting their gear to the top of the list.
- Roscoe announced the beginning of “The 40 Day Challenge: Part Deux”. Read the pre-blast and details at F3Gastonia.com or the backblast channel on Slack.
- Breaker Breaker’s friend who is battling cancer. Also his Aunt.
- Pastor Andrew Brunson who is on trial in Turkey
- JK2’s Father
- Def Leppard and his upcoming trip to Asia.
- Defib running the Big Sur marathon and safe travels
- Some YHC forgot and truly apologizes to those who mentioned prayer requests
YHC took us out in prayer.
Roscoe mentioned the beginning of the 40 day challenge today. Def Leppard and Whoopee shared some wisdom from Jocko Willink on discipline at Folsom yesterday. Even when you don’t FEEL like posting/running/eating right, the discipline of sticking to your goals will see you through. Even when you feel like you’re just “going through the motions” of working out, do it anyway. You may not like it while you’re going through it, but you will be glad you did after you’re done. Whoopee spoke on keeping each other honest and accountable during the challenge. Don’t be afraid to call your brother out (in a brotherly love kind of way) and help keep him on track. That’s the whole “Iron Sharpens Iron” aspect in the shield lock. YHC has seen firsthand how much of a difference being disciplined has helped our PAX during the last 40 day challenge. Let’s get to it and push each other.