I put my hand up on your hip. When I dip, you dip, we dip……
….blared from my speakers as I pulled into the Gashouse with my neon-banded head banging and fist pumping out my window. Is that Richard Simmons, I see in the parking lot to greet me? No it’s just Hushpuppy. Then I see Mayor wearing his actual workout gear from his HS wrestling days and Strogonoff has raided his wife’s workout drawer. Then things really got crazy as Patrick Swayze walks right off the Roadhouse set and onto the Schiele parking lot. (Edison in all his “jortsy-glory”!)
Alright let’s blast the tunes and workout!
- Warm-up (“aggressive warmup” according to Mayor) in Schiele parking lot.
- Then mosey to Grier track with “Baby Got Back” blasting alongside this group of “Outsiders” as women and children screamed on Garrison Blvd.
- Split into 4 groups of 3 to work at assigned stations:
- #1 = 25 Merkins & 25 WWI Situps
- #2 = 25 Squats & 25 Arm Squats (aka: dips)
- #3 = 25 CDDs & 25 Freddy Mercurys
- #4 = 25 LBCs & 25 Thor Hammers
- After each station we grouped up on the track to complete a Snake Run around the track. (Music playlist = Tootsie Roll, Bust A Move, OPP, Jump, It’s Tricky, and of course, Ice Ice Baby!)
- We then split into 2 teams of 6 and played an epic game of Ultimate Frisbee. Every time a team scored the opponent had to do 10 burpees. —- I thought I was tired from the workout but literally almost splashed merlot when I tapped into those competitive juices.
The good guys won and we moseyed back to the schiele. Mayor had an extra challenge on the return run with the extra sized head on his shoulders to carry back after a diving (uhhhmmmm…..falling) TD catch!
Great time had by all. Thanks to all the good sports that joined the costume party.
I want to thank TimeFrame for sharing a very good word that was on his heart. I was honored to meet him and to hear a part of his story and how F3 has truly helped him become a better man this past year. Aye! Thanks for the share brother. Perfect end to a great morning.
After essentially taking a 5-month break from F3, I really needed that workout and good time (more than many of you know). Thanks men.
Named our FNG, welcome to CarLot! Announcements. Prayer. Close.