16 of Gas House’s strongest “rock pushers” buckled in, reclined their First Class seats, and sipped Merlot with YHC on a short, relaxing one hour flight. Our final destination was Ball of Man but here’s what happened in between takeoff and landing…
- Mosey downhill to the library parking lot
- SSH X 15 IC
- IW X 15 IC
- LSSq X 15 IC
- Merkins X 15 IC
Mosey downhill to other rear corner of library lot for first Triple 7
- 7 merkins, run downhill to speed bump, 7 merkins, run loop, 7 merkins, run to start
- Rinse/repeat twice more substituting squats and IWs for merkins
Mosey downhill to rear of First Presbyterian Church for second Triple 7
- Run to hill, bear crawl downhill, 7 burpees, run to 2nd hill, bear crawl downhill, 7 burpees, run downhill to island, 7 burpees, return to start
- Rinse/repeat twice more substituting merkins and Apollo Unos for burpees
Mosey downhill to “small church building” (YHC’s own designator) for third Triple 7
- 3 pain stations: 1) stationary lunge X 7 each leg, 2) derkin/incline merkin (Irkin?) X 7 each on brick wall, 3) jump squats X 7 at bottom of stairs
- Rotate through each pain station 3 times
- Thanks Dolph for LBCing till PAX regrouped
Mosey downstairs for fourth Triple 7 (cut short to Double 7 for time sake)
- Suicide sprints (downhill both ways) to 3 islands performing 7 LBCs at each island first flight and heels to heaven for the second flight
Mosey downhill to front of Grier Middle School for “4 Corners of the Globe”
- 5 stations: one at each corner of the field and one in the center (“Home”)
- PAX split into 4 travelling groups and did 3 burpees at Home and then ran to designated corners to perform 7 reps of whatever exercise was listed in that corner, then ran Home again for 3 burpees and then counter-clockwise to the next corner….and repeat until all 4 corners were visited and we landed at Home and celebrated with 3 final burpees
Mosey downhill (truthful statement for once) to shovel flag for COT/BOM
- Still had a minute before landing so 15 X American Hammer
- Wheels down!
- Today, 10:00a.m. – Martha Rivers Park – F3 Dads
- 6/26, 7:00p.m. – at On the Border (Gastonia) – leadership advisory group meeting
- 7/2, still need a 3rd F Q if anyone is interested – get details from Monk
- Many prayer requests today: way too many folks in this world fighting cancer or dealing with mental issues so overwhelming that they contemplate suicide. Prayers help but do what you can to lift these folks in their time of need – even if it’s done anonymously
- Shout out to T-Square who’s been suffering with a kidney stone issue for over 2 weeks and is STILL posting at workouts! Billy Madison summed it up best by saying “That’s an F3 Man!” YHC has a paper cut (left pinkie…it hurts) – no prayers for me? JEEZZZ!
- Dolph – we have posted together at probably 70 to 100 workouts – when will you stop being such a slacker??? At least TRY, would you? It’s embarrassing dude!
- You all accumulated just over 3 frequent flyer miles today…WOW…only 999,997 to go to earn a burpee free workout!
- Good call by Spud and good extra credit effort (post workout) by the PAX to send 22 merkins to our troops suffering PTSD and other ailments that lead to suicide
- There were plenty of “midwife noises” during our journey (mostly from YHC) but in standard Gas House fashion, every warrior soldiered through and finished strong.
- YHC honored his promise by making all running portions of the workout downhill – YOU ARE WELCOME!
- Always an honor to post with you HIMs – thanks for allowing me to pilot this trip – AYE!