Had YHC known today was going to movie quote day, I would have studied up. Instead, coming off the short term DL, I was focused on creating a non-running workout for the #Downtown PAX. Wanted to make sure E4 could get out here with that bum knee. But what’s that you say? Bandit…, non-running…, most would argue impossible, read more and find out for yourself.
After our brief disclaimer (not a professional, you are here on your own choosing, its probably smarter for you to just go home know, but if you are staying…do what you can do), and some real-world advice from Whoopee, we start with our warm up…
- Side Straddle Hop x20 IC
- Mountain Climbers x20 IC
- Moroccan Night Clubs x40 IC
- Peter Parkers x20 IC
- Toy Soldiers x20 IC
To be totally transparent, today’s workout was a copy of a running-focused workout I stole from Whoopee a few months ago. So instead of running between a bunch of banks and doing ATMS… the running was switched out today with lunge walks and bear crawls.
- Lunge-walk around the Pavilion…LBC x30, x20, x10
- Lunge-walk around the Pavilion (switch to Bear Crawl if needed)… Peter Parkers x20, x15, x10
- Alternate Lunge-walk/Bear Crawl around the Pavilion x2…Plank-O-Rama
- At this point mumble chatter was almost at zero. Roscoe, YHC and and others helped to energize the PAX with some favorite movie quotes. Blazing Saddles, Raising Arizona, others???
- Alternate Lunge-walk/Bear Crawl around the Pavilion x2… Russia Twists x20, x15. Dying Cockroach (of course) x20, x10
- So if your money was not on YHC to lead a running-free workout, congratulations.. you win. Our last excercise was a 4 lap mosey around the Pavilion until time ran out.
Finished up with Pledge of Allegiance, COT/Namorama & BOM
Enjoyed cofferama at Starbucks with Hush Puppy, Monk, E4 and Whoopee. Looking forward to spending more time with these guys… talk about some 2F activities like baseball games (Knights, Grizzlies), movie time and planetarium (F3 Dads), and some sport shooting.
Please keep the following in your prayers…
- Monk… as their family travels to Florida for spring break
- DaVinci’s mother in law… will be having surgery to remove a tumor from her arm.
- Stroganoff and family with the news of Janet’s father’s cancer diagnosis.
- Outhouse’s family… as they move forward after the loss of his mother.