MOUNT MIDORIYAMA GASTONIA — Two pax showed up ready to have a little end of day fun. With a mountain in the backdrop and the sun setting, it was time for the Thursday workout.
What is 2 + 2 yelled Floppy Disk, today’s Q. In unison, the men grunted four. Floppy retorted, NO! It’s three and I’ll prove it!
With a round of laughter, no one believed and they knew he was crazy.
Floppy took the pax to the ministry of love to prove to them that it indeed equaled three. Firing up a timer with intervals set at three minutes the first thang was yelled out. “Blockies”!
When that three minutes of horror ended, plank was shouted. Then squats, air jump ropes, plank jack to sit-ups, star jacks, lunges, LBC’s, merkins and more. The onslaught of three-minute exercises didn’t stop until time ran out.
By the end, all were in agreement. “2+2=3” and love is hate.1
- Mosey a lap around the parking lot
- Short break to fix the flag
- Side straddle hop (20 IC)
- Moroccan Night Club (20 IC)
- 3 minutes of blockies (30 second rest)
- 3 minutes of low/high plank (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of squats (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of air jump rope (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of plank jack to sit-up (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of star jacks (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of LBC (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of merkins (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of lunges (30 seconds rest)
- 3 minutes of mountain climbers (should be renamed to Madoriyama climbers)
- 3 minutes of side plank alternating sides every 30 seconds.
Pledge, prayer, and while leaving we talked about some of the places in the bible that mentions the number three. Jonah in the belly of the fish for three days, Jesus’s ministry lasted three years, Peter denied him three times, the rooster crowed three times.
1. These events may have not happened exactly as described. 🙂